Sweeping for audio bugs


Wireless Frequency Bug Detector
Finds hidden cameras, audio bugs, live cell phones, WIFI operating in the 1MHz to 6GHz range - up to 32 feet!

Price: $39.95 View Details

 

Question:

I did a sweep of my upstairs and I found several hot spots.  does the portable phone and the tv cause the bug detector to go off?

Answer:

Any device that emits a radio frequency will trigger the detector.

Question:

I unplugged both of them and I was still getting a buzzer.

Answer:

If they are unplugged they should not trigger the detector unless they have some sort of battery powered backup (which is often the case with phone handsets).  

Question:

What is the best way to find the bug and what do I do when I find it,do I smash it? Answer:

IF you think there may be a bug in a device like a TV you may want to open it up and take a look to find it. How you eliminate the device is up to you.